GitHub Enterprise serves as a software development and collaboration resource using the Git revisioning system.
Features and Functions
- All the features of Github.com housed locally on our servers.
- Authentication using your Engineering (ECI) account username and password.
- Accounts are provisioned automatically when you login to github at
- Web-based, command line, and gui-based operation.
General Guidelines and Other Information
- For performance considerations, repostories should be under 1GB and indivitual files less than 100MB.
- Sensitive data (e.g. student or health information, passwords, private keys, etc.) should not be stored in GitHub Enterprise.
- If you have sensitive data that you need to store and/or share please contact us, we can provide other solutions.
- Deleted repositories are available for restore for 30 days from the deletion date.
- Information about using github can be found at https://help.github.com
- If you have questions about our GitHub Enterprise service, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Github Enterprise service is available to all students, faculty, and anyone
working directly with students in an educational capacity for free. Others need
to purchase an individual license from ECI.
Search the Knowledge Base for how-tos and answers to frequently asked questions.
Request help from the Help Desk.
3110 and 3116 Harold Frank Hall
phone (805) 893-3221