68 search results
Page 1 out of 7 Pages
- Remote Access: Remote terminal access from windows: PuTTY
Answer: First download PuTTY (download and run "putty.exe"). After installation is complete, open PuTTY and enter csil.cs.ucsb.edu under Host Name (or IP Address) (see #1 in screenshot below). Note: ...
- Computer Science FAQs: How can I access my UNIX account from Windows?
Answer: The preferred method is via SSH. Here are your options: Terminal Access Command Line access only: Remote terminal access from windows: PuTTY Command Line access with graphics forwarding: Remote terminal ...
- Computer Science FAQs: How do I enable an automatic vacation reply?
Answer: a) Please visit the Account Maintenence web site to setup your automatic vacation reply: https://accounts.engr.ucsb.edu/maintain. b) Once you have logged in please click on the Vacation tab. c) Set ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Why can't I login graphically? : Going over quota
Answer: Issue - I can't log on to the Linux Machine or it gives "Could not Update ICEauthority" When you try to log onto a Linux Machine, ...
- Engineering Account Information: Passwords
Answer: What do I do if I forget my password? To reset your password, please visit the College of Engineering forgot password page. If you set your account ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Who is eligible for an account on College of Engineering computers?
Answer: The following are eligible for an account for the College of Engineering: All Faculty teaching in the College of Engineering All Staff Members in a College of ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Software Available Through MS Imagine / DreamSpark / MSDN-AA
Answer: What is the MS Imagine / DreamSpark / MSDN Academic Alliance? Who is eligible to download software through the DreamSpark?What products and services are included in ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Setting up SSH keys
Answer: We recommend using ssh keys if you want to login to another account (such as a class account) via SSH. To generate the ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Accessing the UCSB Wireless Network
Answer: The main difference between the regular “UCSB Wireless Web” network and the “UCSB Secure” network is that the secure network encrypts all wireless data traffic ...
- Instructional Labs: What are the ECI lab hours?
Answer: SUMMER HOURS: CSIL/E1 Harold Frank Hall ONLY: Monday, June 20 to Sept 10, 2016: Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:45pmSaturday - ClosedSunday - ClosedMonday, July 4 - ...
The most popular searches are:
- Why can't I login graphically? : Going over quota ... (66120 views)
- Software Available Through MS Imagine / DreamSpark / MSDN-AA ... (43613 views)
- Accessing the UCSB Wireless Network (32156 views)
- What should I set as my incoming and outgoing ... (30439 views)
- I'm having issues/problems with my College of Engineering Account. ... (30028 views)
- Can I keep my email address after I graduate? ... (24520 views)
- Can I remote log in (to CSIL/Linux) from home? ... (23416 views)
- How can I access my UNIX account from Windows? ... (21529 views)
- How can I secure my Windows PC? (20016 views)
- How do I enable an automatic vacation reply? (18178 views)
- How can I remote access my desktop computer? (2017-05-12 01:04)
- Install Python and Pip on Instructional Lab CentOS Linux ... (2017-05-11 19:27)
- Getting MatLab (2017-05-11 18:55)
- Can I remote log in (to CSIL/Linux) from home? ... (2017-05-11 18:50)
- Can I have (insert Python package name here) installed ... (2017-04-27 03:08)