21 search results
Page 1 out of 3 Pages
- Remote Access: Remote terminal access from windows: PuTTY
Answer: First download PuTTY (download and run "putty.exe"). After installation is complete, open PuTTY and enter csil.cs.ucsb.edu under Host Name (or IP Address) (see #1 in screenshot below). Note: ...
- Computer Science FAQs: How can I access my UNIX account from Windows?
Answer: The preferred method is via SSH. Here are your options: Terminal Access Command Line access only: Remote terminal access from windows: PuTTY Command Line access with graphics forwarding: Remote terminal ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Can I remote log in (to CSIL/Linux) from home?
Answer: Issue You want to remotely connect to CSIL/Linux from home/laptop outside of the lab. How to do it: Note: If you are not a Computer Science student you ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Why can't I login graphically? : Going over quota
Answer: Issue - I can't log on to the Linux Machine or it gives "Could not Update ICEauthority" When you try to log onto a Linux Machine, ...
- Computer Science FAQs: Setting up SSH keys
Answer: We recommend using ssh keys if you want to login to another account (such as a class account) via SSH. To generate the ...
- Computer Science FAQs: I cannot log in to any CS workstation, but I know I have access -
Answer: There are several things that might be wrong You may be over your disk quota. To check this, you can either remotely access csil.cs.ucsb.edu via SSH or ...
- Computer Science FAQs: How can I transfer files stored on the CSIL / ECI machines to my home
Answer: There are several ways to do this:a) If you have a linux or Mac at home, you can use the 'scp' command to copy files ...
- Computer Science FAQs: How can I secure my Windows PC?
Answer: Although there is no silver bullet for computer security and no such thing as an unbreakable system, there are several steps you can take to ...
- CoE Email: How do I filter my email? (Server-Side)
Answer: Disclaimer: You should only attempt this if you feel confident with the command line. If this filter is implemented incorrectly it could cause problems receiving ...
- Remote Access: SSH access to CS class accounts for Teaching Assistants
Answer: If you are a Teaching Assistant and need access to a class account for the quarter, please have the instructor send an email to email@example.com ...
The most popular searches are:
- Why can't I login graphically? : Going over quota ... (66357 views)
- Software Available Through MS Imagine / DreamSpark / MSDN-AA ... (44179 views)
- Accessing the UCSB Wireless Network (32693 views)
- What should I set as my incoming and outgoing ... (30703 views)
- I'm having issues/problems with my College of Engineering Account. ... (30481 views)
- Can I keep my email address after I graduate? ... (24963 views)
- Can I remote log in (to CSIL/Linux) from home? ... (23686 views)
- How can I access my UNIX account from Windows? ... (21784 views)
- How can I secure my Windows PC? (20224 views)
- How do I enable an automatic vacation reply? (18378 views)
- How can I remote access my desktop computer? (2017-05-12 01:04)
- Install Python and Pip on Instructional Lab CentOS Linux ... (2017-05-11 19:27)
- Getting MatLab (2017-05-11 18:55)
- Can I remote log in (to CSIL/Linux) from home? ... (2017-05-11 18:50)
- Can I have (insert Python package name here) installed ... (2017-04-27 03:08)