- How do I forward email to another address?
To set up mail forwarding for your account, please use the Account Maintenance web site: https://accounts.engr.ucsb.edu/maintain
From there, log in with your credentials, then click on ...
- How do I access my email from the Web?
You can access your CoE webmail at https://webmail.engineering.ucsb.edu.
Our web interface provides the full functionality you expect from an e-mail client, including MIME support, address book, ...
- How do I change my login shell?
To change your default login shell please visit our accounts maintenance page.
- How can I access my UNIX account from Windows?
The preferred method is via SSH. Here are your options:
Command Line access only:
Remote terminal access from windows: PuTTY
Command Line access with graphics forwarding:
Remote terminal ...
- How do I enable an automatic vacation reply?
a) Please visit the Account Maintenence web site to setup your automatic vacation reply: https://accounts.engr.ucsb.edu/maintain.
b) Once you have logged in please click on the Vacation tab.
c) Set ...
- How do I keep my computer from getting infected?
If you suspect that your Unviersity owned computer has been infected with a virus or are experiencing other related problems please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. If ECI ...
- How to update my email client after email migration?
Here are 2 steps to updating your email client settings:
First, you'll need to change your IMAP server to: mail.engr.ucsb.edu
Next, remove any IMAP server directory prefix
No other ...
- How to read and send email using your CS account?
NOTICE: CS mail servers have reached their end of life and their services are now being provided by the College of Engineering.
The College's IMAP and ...
- How much disk space can I use?
Most users in the College are given 2GB of disk space with their account. If you are a student you can request an increase ...
- How can I transfer files stored on the CSIL / ECI machines to my home machine?
There are several ways to do this:a) If you have a linux or Mac at home, you can use the 'scp' command to copy files ...
- How can I secure my Windows PC?
Although there is no silver bullet for computer security and no such thing as an unbreakable system, there are several steps you can take to ...
- How do I access digital resources like ACM etc?
Through the UCSB Libraries you can access a large number of online resources. These resources include a many things of interest to Computer Science students ...
- How can I find out if computers are available in the labs?
You can check to see how busy the lab machines are here! ...
- How do I filter my email? (Server-Side)
Disclaimer: You should only attempt this if you feel confident with the command line. If this filter is implemented incorrectly it could cause problems receiving ...
- How do I install Mathematica?
- CoE Faculty, Staff and Graduate Students are eligible to download and install Mathematica on UC owned workstations and laptops for non-commercial research and instructional ...
- How do I know when my CoE Account is going to expire?
Even if your account is expired, you can still log in to the College of Engineering's account maintain page. When you log in, there will ...
- How to configure Gmail to send email through our mail servers.
These instructions are on how to setup Gmail to send email from your COE email address via our servers.
1. Login to Gmail
2. Click on the ...
- How do I run qemu on the CSIL machines?
In order to run a virtual machine using qemu, you will need to use your sandbox directory.
Log on to a CSIL machine and cd into ...
- How do I get my MAC address?
Often times, support will need the MAC address for your computer when it comes to getting an IP on our wired network, as we give ...
- How to get setup with VPN.
VPN is currently administered by the Enterprise Technology Services group here at UCSB.
You can get the VPN client at:
You will need to make sure you ...
- How To: Setting up Campus Directory on a mail client
Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) has provided a helpful webpage on setting up various email clients to the Campus Directory at:
Effective August 1st 2014 this ...
- How do I access Matlab from the linux computers in CSIL?
To access Matlab on one of the linux machines in the CSIL computer lab, open a terminal window and type:
A Matlab session will start ...
- How do I reset my keyring password?
Open a terminal and type in: seahorse
This will open a window with passwords and keys
You can then right click each password you set and delete ...
- How do I make a mailing list?
Any CoE department may request to setup a mailing list. More information can be found here
- How to use compress files on Linux
In Linux (As well as Unix), there are archiving and compressing tools available for users to use.
The most common tool available is compress and uncompress ...
- How do I use filters in Thunderbird to discard certain emails
You want to know how to have Thunderbird to automatically delete/filter/discard emails you don't want.
How to do it
You will want to call up the Thunderbird ...
- How to identify phishing attempts...
This article is on how to identify what a phishing attempt is.
Subject: We have temporarily restricted your online account access. Date: 04 Dec 2014 13:40:22 ...
- How to scan documents to thumbdrive with the Ricoh Aficio 6002 Printer.
Thumbdrive - May require being formatted for PC
Standard SD Card
1) Select 'Scanner' on the printer.
2) Type in your user code on the keypad, pressing ...
- How do I get Microsoft Office?
All UCSB students are eligible for a free Mac/PC copy of Microsoft Office via the Student Advantage program.
Please see: http://www.umail.ucsb.edu/about/student-advantage ...
- How do I use the turnin program to turn in my assignment?
If your class requires you to use the turnin to submit your assignment, please be sure to do the following:
Log onto one of the CSIL ...
- How do I setup responses in Thunderbird?
You want to have Thunderbird automatically respond to emails with a message...
Please follow the instructions offered here:
For the Autoresponses to work, you will need to ...
- How do I send files to CSIL from/to my laptop/desktop?
In order to send files to your CSIL account, you will need to use one of the following:
scp (Linux/Mac Terminal)
Any client that supports ...
- How can I access CoE email on my phone?
You can access your COE email several ways
On all smart phones:
a) open up a web browser
b) Follow the link to https://webmail.engr.ucsb.edu
c) When queried, enter your ...
- How do I get Solidworks Student Design Kit?
The Solidworks Student Design Kit (SDK) can be found on the software download page if you are elligable the link will show up.
You need to ...
- How to do X11 Forwarding on a Mac
In order to do X11 Forwarding on the Mac, you will need to make sure you have XQuartz installed. XQuartz is available at https://www.xquartz.org/.
How to ...