- What should I set as my incoming and outgoing mail server in my email client configuration?
For College of Engineering email services (including services we provide for groups such as CNSI and ICB):
INCOMING SERVER --------------- Server name: mail.engr.ucsb.edu Protocol: imapPort: 143 ...
- Why can't I login graphically? : Going over quota
Issue - I can't log on to the Linux Machine or it gives "Could not Update ICEauthority"
When you try to log onto a Linux Machine, ...
- Who is eligible for an account on College of Engineering computers?
The following are eligible for an account for the College of Engineering:
All Faculty teaching in the College of Engineering
All Staff Members in a College of ...
- Why am I getting an error that Firefox is already running?
You are trying to open up Firefox, but Firefox says that it is already running.
This is due to Firefox not closing out properly (Due to ...
- What are the ECI lab hours?
CSIL/E1 Harold Frank Hall ONLY: Monday, June 20 to Sept 10, 2016:
Monday - Friday: 8am - 4:45pmSaturday - ClosedSunday - ClosedMonday, July 4 - ...
- Where are the ECI labs?
Click on the links below to see a map showing each lab's location.
Milt and Marilyn Honea Undergraduate Computer Labs
(E1) - Harold Frank Hall, room 1140
Computer Science ...
- Where is the help desk located?
The help desk is located in Harold Frank Hall room 1140E. Click here for a map showing our office's location. ...
- Why can't I access the computers in CSIL?
If you are having trouble logging in to a computer you can reset your password here, or if you are entering the correct password but ...
- What software is installed on the lab machines?
The linux machines located in the Honea (E1) Lab have a wide variety of software installed including a number of compilers (gcc, javac, etc.), editors ...
- Where is the Cooper Lab schedule?
- Why can't I get a MATLAB license when using the campus VPN?
Before trying anything else, make sure you are running the VPN service as administrator.
If that still doesn't work, continue as administrator and do the following:
- What are the names of the CSIL machines?
The following is a list of available machines:
In Harold Frank Hall room 1138 (CSIL Lab):
In Harold Frank Hall room 1140 (Honea Lab):
- Why won't my Google chrome open?
To fix your Chrome browser follow these steps
2) Go to the top directory and type the command cd ~/.config/google-chrome
3) Remove Singleton by typing " ...
- What is git, GitHub.com, and GitHub Enterprise?
Git is a distributed revision control system used by collaborators to share and contribute files in repositories (repos) with advanced features like full version tracking ...
- What if I want to share files with non-UCSB users?
Additional seats are available for purchase. If you need to collaborate with folks outside of UCSB please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss possibilities of ...
- What happens when my ECI account expires?
When your account expires from our system you will no longer be able to login to the web interface of github.ucsb.edu nor will you be ...
- What are file or repo size limitations of GitHub that I should be aware of?
The general rule of thumb is that repositories should be under 1GB and individual files less than 100 MB. This is primarily a performance consideration ...
- What should I know about creating “Organizations” within COE GitHub?
Organizations are a way to simplify management of group-owned repositories and fine tune permissions. For more info please see the following:
When creating an organization we ...
- What are some GitHub clients?
There are number of clients available to perform GitHub operations. These range from command line interfaces (CLI) to fully fledged GUI programs such as those ...
- What protocols are supported by github.ucsb.edu?
For push, clone, or any other operation involving the github.ucsb.edu server you should be using either https or ssh as the protocol. This will encrypt ...
- What is the SSH fingerprint for github.ucsb.edu?
The current SSH fingerprint for github.ucsb.edu is:
There may be times when the this key is changed due to system software updates. If this ...
- Where can I get more information on GitHub and how to use it?
Below are some links that further describe the service here at the College of Engineering, UCSB, copyright policy, and general GitHub usage.
http://engineering.ucsb.edu/eci/services/github/ (Service Description, SLAs)
- What Matlab Toolboxes are Available?
The following toolboxes can be used in Matlab, license numbers are total licenses in the license pool, not total available at this time.
Aerospace_Blockset: (Total of 5 ...
- Wireless Network Support
At this time, ECI can only provide 'best effort support' in setting up or verifying your wireless connection as referenced here. ECI does not directly ...
- Why can't I print?
ECI uses PaperCut for our printing system. If the PaperCut symbol is not in the upper right hand corner of your screen you will not ...
- Why is my VPN (Virtual Private Network) not working?
"Please note that VPN connections from the UCSB residential networks (ResNet) are not allowed in order to ensure adherence to ResNet management policies."
If you are still ...
- Web pages on my Account are showing up as 403 (Permission Denied) after I uploaded them.
You recently uploaded content to your public_html location via FTP or SCP, only to find the webpage or content you uploaded is not viewable. When ...
- When I try to send mail via Pine(Alpine), I get a message saying:
[>Mail not sent: ... Relaying denied. Proper authentication required.
You are using Alpine (aka Pine) mail program on the CSIL computer to an external email address and you get the following message:
[>Mail not sent: ...
- What about other storage options?
UCSB is offering unlimited online storage with Box.com for the campus community. Box.com is a similar service to Dropbox or Google Drive with web access ...
- What do I do with old computers/printers?
You are looking for information on what to do with old computers or other electical equipment.
Please reference here:
This covers who to contact with regards to ...
- Where can I get a CSIL account?
If you have a College of Engineering Account (AKA @engineering.ucsb.edu), you already have a CSIL account. Otherwise, you can get a CSIL account by getting ...
- Warning Messages When I SSH
When you are using remote login or SSh, you will occassionally see warning messages, do not panic. Carefully read the warning message, often times instructions ...
- Where can I get training for ... ?
Human Resourcs: Training & Development
please direct all questions about this to http://www.hr.ucsb.edu/training/contacts this is a campus level resource, the College of Engineering has no control ...
- Where can I get software?
Here is a list of where you can get some of the software that UCSB can offer at this time...
This is currently offered to the ...
- Webmail - Can't find Sent/Junk/Draft Mail Folders
When you go onto your mail account via Webmail, you can't find the Sent/Junk/Draft Mail folder.
There are three possible causes for this.
1) You have only ...
- Web Browsing: Secure vs Not Secure
The web browser tells me a site is Not Secure. What does that mean?
Websites can have different types of connections. The most common are Secure ...
- Web: How to redirect a webpage on your account.
You wish to redirect people going to a certain page to another website.
In order to do this, you may wish to make use of this ...
- Why can I not see or open an email attachment?
Trying to view and/or open an email attachment received from a user but not able to see and/or open said attachment
There are several possible reasons ...