Mailing List Management
When you want to send email to a pre-defined list of email address, but find that a local
address book is too restrictive and can not be shared, you can use a mailing list. Mailing
lists are also helpful when more than one person is expected to answer email addressed to
a group of users. This service is offered to CoE departments free of charge.
Features and Functions
- Web based list administration.
- Web based subscribing, unsubscribing, and user configuration management.
- Per-list privacy features, such as closed-subscriptions, private archives, private membership rosters, and sender/receiver-based posting restrictions.
- Built-in web-based archiving.
- Multiple list owners and moderators.
- To request a mailing list, send email to "firstname.lastname@example.org" and provide the following information:
- The desired name of the list.
- The email address of the list administrator.
- If you want messages archived and, if so, should the archives be public or private.
- Who should be allowed to send unmoderated email to the list (only list members, anyone, etc.).
Search the Knowledge Base for how-tos and answers to frequently asked questions.
Request help from the Help Desk.
3110 Harold Frank Hall
phone (805) 893-3221