ECI offers wired network access on the College's networks to College of Engineering departments.
Additionally, the Campus Wireless Network is available throughout most of the College of Engineering for
anyone with a UCSBNetID.
Features and Functions
- Network Bandwidth
- Minimum bandwidth of 100 Mbps.
- The majority of connections have a bandwidth of 1 Gbps.
- The College's networks are routinely scanned for vulnerabilities, with reports of potential problems sent to affected departments.
- At the request of individual departments, many of our networks are protected by a minimal set of network ACLs.
- Availability and Monitoring
- The Office of Information Systems & Technology and the ECI support the College's network hardware, routing, and packet switching.
- All network hardware is monitored 24/7, with immediate alerts sent to technical staff reporting any error conditions or failures.
- To help avoid any failure, network hardware is routinely inspected and replaced as deemed appropriate by our technical staff.
- Getting Connected
- To get a wired connection to the College's network, send email to "firstname.lastname@example.org". Include your department name and the building/office location of the requested connection.
Search the Knowledge Base for how-tos and answers to frequently asked questions.
Request help from the Help Desk.
3110 Harold Frank Hall
phone (805) 893-3221